SURVEY FIELD CREW CHIEF
A local, fast-growing Land Surveying firm is seeking a highly motivated experienced field crew chief for our Fort Wayne office. A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an ability to communicate with clients and onsite superintendents. Benefits include competitive pay, health insurance, 401k plan, and paid time off.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Complete field work for a variety of survey projects including topographic surveys, ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys, and boundary surveys.
- Manage field activities in a professional and efficient manner.
- Keep equipment well maintained and calibrated and trouble-shoot control or equipment issues.
- Review and follow project scope; keep field notes, project information, and field data well organized. Reduce field data into AutoCAD C3D, as needed.
- Act as a field liaison with client representatives and Project Managers
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 1-2 years minimum of field survey experience
- Familiarity with topographic surveys, ALTA/NSPS land survey, construction staking, and boundary surveys. Right-of-way engineering background is a plus.
- Experience with Trimble equipment preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge in current version of AutoCAD Civil3D preferred, but not required.
- Excellent organizational skills to plan and complete projects by deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to execute proper field survey procedures and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of mathematical calculations used in field surveys and the ability to identify mistakes in calculations.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Physically fit and able to walk on uneven terrains and ability to deal with heat and cold field conditions.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org